Tenancy Agreement Secure

Most tenants of consulting and housing companies have a Scottish lease. The Scottish lease is the tenancy agreement you sign if you become a tenant of Aberdeenshire Council. Your rental agreement is a legal document and informs you of all the rules governing life on your property. You must explain their reasons if they decide not to renew your lease and give you the opportunity to challenge the decision. Most council tenants are safe tenants. A safe lease is a lifetime lease. Accommodation will be rented to you under the terms of this contract: as a secure tenant, you can usually reside in the property for the rest of your life, unless you violate the rental conditions. The city council may accept shorter notice, but they do not have to. If the City Council agrees that your lease may end prematurely, you will receive your written consent.

If a tenant dies, the lease continues for the surviving tenant. In the case of an introductory lease, some of your rights are limited: it usually takes a year. As a general rule, you will receive a secure lease at the end of the year, as long as you have not broken your introductory lease. Make sure you consider your options before abandoning a consulting lease. It can be difficult to get another rent from the council. Secure leases granted before April 1, 2012 can only be transferred or passed on once. For example, if you take out a lease, if someone dies, you cannot pass the lease on to someone else if you die. The lease sets out your rights and obligations as a tenant and our obligations to you as a landlord. There are limits to what you can do with an introductory rental agreement, for example you can`t: a reduced rent is checked after a certain period of time and you can get a secure rental contract if there are no other problems. Scottish secure leases replaced secure and secure leases from 30 September 2002, following the Housing (Scotland) Act 2001.

If you are a tenant with us, you will receive an installation contract if: Most registered tenants of the housing co-op who live in self-contained housing are safe tenants. If you move and sublet your home, you lose your security status permanently. This also applies if you return later. The Council could easily end your rent and everyone who lives there will be evicted. You can apply for a common lease at any time if you are married or enter into a registered partnership. You should usually have lived together at least 12 months in the accommodation if you are a couple together or (like brother and sister). If you violate any of the terms of this agreement, we can take legal action against you. We can ask the court to leave your property, or we can ask the court to change a secure lease into a decommissioned lease. As a general rule, you have a secure Scottish lease when you rent your home to the Council, a housing company or a housing co-op in Scotland.

The most important conditions for a Scottish security lease are that if you were housed by us because you were homeless, you may have received temporary rent until we could permanently reinstate you. Emergency accommodation tenants are not allowed to sell. For example, it affects your rights to buy your home, exchange leases with another tenant and surrender your lease. A short Scottish security is a short form of rent, with limited rent security.